16 Jul A.G.A. Nation time capsule
Posted at 15:49h in Uncategorized
With summer in full effect including lazy days and sun rays abound, time to take a hazy trip back in time with A.G.A. Nation!
Did you know…
- In 2006, Rise Above BMX was formed and started producing over a hundred BMX events annually
- The following year, the Adrenaline Games Alliance (A.G.A.) debuted with mostly regional skateboard, BMX & snowboard competitions
- From 2006-2012, both entities produced over 2,000 events across the country
- While Rise Above BMX thrilled students of all ages across the country with adrenaline packed freestyle BMX shows, A.G.A. invited up and coming riders to compete for cash and the A.G.A. Cup!
- Names on the AGA Cup include Jon ‘Deezle’ Depoian, Tevin Lee, Allen Adams, Jalen Oliver, Ben Fisher, Malcolm Forbes, Corey Wiergowski, Derek Huntoon, Autteish Danger, Christiana Smith, Noah Genzink to name a few.
- AGA Winter events and collaborations including Great Lakes Snow Series, Real Racine, Michigan Monster Energy Cup Series, MHSSA High School events, Downtown Rail Jams in the Midwest.
- In 2012, A.G.A. collaborated with Step-up Productions to produce first ever Wake Jam at Bayside Grille
- Rise Above BMX core team over the years featured Ron Thomas, Dan Sieg, Seth Klinger, Andrew Fox, Cory Yarbrough, Lane George, Keith Schmidt, Eric Trombley and Will Thompson.
- In 2013, Rise Above BMX and Adrenaline Games Alliance merged to form A.G.A. Nation
- Since coming together, A.G.A. Nation has produced another 3,000 school and festival style events!
- Event partners have included McDonald’s, Toyota, Taco Bell, Ford, Vitamin Water, Spectrum Health Medical Group, Army National Guard, U.S. Army, Metro PCS, U.S. Navy, Boost Mobile, Monster Energy, Preferred Chrysler Dodge, Jeep, Ram, State Games of Michigan
- Competition based events mostly featured action sports- BMX, skateboard, wakeboard, snowboard and ski
- Other events collaborations and support for snowmobile, moto cross
- In the past few years, A.G.A. Nation has also grown to produce basketball shows featuring its DUNK Distracted Driving team as well as a recent esports event, GAME ON.
- Special media productions have included AGA TV event productions; Dialed In, a slo mo video edits produced by Adam Shomsky; The Shreddyz, an online video tournament as voted on My TV 20 viewers; Short Attention Span Theater; Stunt Builders, Spot Check, and Recovery series.
- In addition to A.G.A. Nation competitions and performances, A.G.A. Nation formed a unique partnership with FEAT of Southern Nevada through its Foundation. Additional Foundation support includes Drop In Downriver efforts for a new skate park and Lids On Kids, helmet/safety awareness campaigns.