28 May Meijer State Games of MI launches online Skateboard, BMX comp for $$$
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Meijer State Games of Michigan launches Virtual Games Sports lineup includes running, cycling, BMX, fishing, golfing, rowing, skateboarding and tae kwon do
Grand Rapids, Mich., May. 28, 2020 ─ Meijer State Game of Michigan will be hosting its first Virtual Games starting now through June 30. Anyone is eligible to participate in the inaugural Virtual Games. The sporting events featured are running, cycling, BMX, fishing, golfing, rowing, skateboarding, and tae kwon do.
Eric Engelbarts, Executive Director of the Meijer State Games of Michigan stated, “The Virtual Games is a unique opportunity for athletes of all ages and ability levels to stay active while at home and earn a medal while doing so.”
BMX and skateboarding co-hosted by AGA Nation are free events that require contestants to submit a minute or less video of their best tricks. In each category, the top three videos with the most likes and reactions on Meijer State Games social media accounts will be awarded a first place prize of $125 and a gold medal, a second place prize of $75 and a silver medal, or a third place prize of $50 and a bronze medal.
- Submit videos up to a minute long
- All videos will be posted on the Meijer State Games of Michigan Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for voting.
- Likes and reactions will count as votes.
- The videos with the top 3 votes from each category will be reposted for the final round of voting.
How to enter
- Participants must register on the Meijer State Games of Michigan website and sign necessary waivers.
- Registered participants will receive a Dropbox link to submit their videos.
- No registration fee to participate
- Deadline to register: June 11 at 8:00 pm ET
- Deadline to submit video: June 14 at midnight ET.
- Round 1 voting: June 15-22
- Round 2 voting: June 22-26
The deadline to register for these events is June 11.
For more information on Meijer State Games of Michigan Virtual Games, please visit https://www.stategamesofmichigan.com/virtual-games/about
The Meijer State Games of Michigan sponsors include: Meijer, Lake Michigan Credit Union, Metro Health, Fox Motors, Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Care Network of Michigan, Peppino’s, Lacks Enterprises Inc., SIBSCO, LIFE EMS Ambulance, The GR Shop, Experience Grand Rapids, Heglund-Sova Realty, and Michigan Fitness Foundation.
About the Meijer State Games of Michigan:
The Meijer State Games of Michigan is an Olympic-style, multi-sport event(s) that welcomes athletes regardless of age or ability level. The games embody the values of participation, sportsmanship, and healthy living among the residents of Michigan. Since 2010, Meijer State Games of Michigan has hosted over 65,000+ athletes. The Meijer State Games of Michigan has also contributed over $25 million in estimated economic impact to cities throughout Michigan.